Aerobic exercises are possibly some of the most basic and commonly done exercises by those who want to whip themselves to a better shape. Despite being ‘basic’, however, it doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t be properly dressed for it. What you wear, especially on your feet, can make or break your workout which is why you absolutely need the best aerobic shoes. To help you find the right pair for your aerobic workouts, below are some of our product suggestions and tips on how to find your perfect match.
Various sports and physical activities will require you to move in different ways and will put you in different environments. This is the very reason why athletic shoes are designed differently, so they can better cater to the needs of their wearers. Due to the wide range of movements involved in aerobic exercises, it can be a bit tricky to find the right match for you easily. So to assist you in the process better, we’ve rounded up six great options that might just meet your needs and tickle your fancy:
6 Best Aerobic Shoes Reviews 2019
RYKA Women’s Influence Cross Training Shoe (Editors Choice)
Starting off our list is the Ryka Women’s Influence Cross Training Shoe. Designed with active women in mind, it’s made to be tough, supportive, and easy to move in. A lot of folks today get a good dose of their cardio and aerobic exercises during CrossFit sessions so why not opt for a great pair of CrossFit shoes like the Ryke Influence, right? Some might not think that CrossFit shoes are the best for aerobic workouts but that’s not always the case. They actually often offer great versatility which makes them perfect for active individuals who try different workouts to get in better shape.
- High-impact studio fitness sneakers
- Synthetic and mesh upper materials
- Lace-up front design
- Padded tongue and collar
- Comfort Fit Precise-Return insole
- Textile lining
- Dual-density (Flex-Foil and Direct-Fuse) with N-Gage EVA energy-return midsole foam retains the insoles’ shape and provides great cushioning
- Rubber outsole with footprint design traction
- Pivot Points on the outsole makes it easy to move in
- Available in Medium and Wide width varieties
- Narrow heels and roomy forefoot
- Secure footbed
- Medial post arch support
- True to the brand’s commitment to creating the best shoes for women, the Ryka Influence also has the key features that the said manufacturer offer. It has narrower heels, roomier forefoot, and a generous instep volume, to provide a better fit for women.
- Ryka’s shoes are made for women so there really is a good chance that it will fit the ladies better than other brands.
- We love that it’s made to help wearers move with ease.
- Despite being a CrossFit shoe, it’s quite supportive so it’s also perfect for aerobic workouts.
- It has a very secure fit, especially for those with narrow heels.
- Ease of movement is guaranteed by its nicely designed outsole.
- Its versatility is hard to beat. With a good combination of ample cushioning and top-notch support, it’s perfect for aerobic workouts like dancing and weight training exercises.
- Recommended by fitness buffs and professionals.
- It’s light, so you don’t have to worry about it tiring your legs out easily.
- Like with other shoe brands, sizing can be quite tricky.
Ryka Womens Aqua Sport
Despite being in the water, you’ll still need the support and traction when doing aqua sports, especially aerobics. For this, the Ryka Women’s Aqua Sport is a solid option. It’s specifically marketed for those who do water aerobics as it has very sticky outsoles and drainage holes. Its lightweight body is also worth noting as it can guarantee that you’ll be able to move around with ease with these shoes. Equipped with elastic laces and highly breathable construction, these shoes are guaranteed to make working out a lot easier for you. You can also wear them in and out of the pool, so if you’ve signed up for other aerobics classes, these shoes might still be good options for you.
- Hybrid water fitness trainer design
- Garterized laces
- Padded tongue and collar
- Midfoot cage webbing offers lateral and medial support
- Removable Nitracel insole
- Textile lining
- Compression-molded EVA midsole designed with drainage ports
- High-traction rubber outsole with drainage ports
- High-quality construction
- Lots of users can vouch for the durability of these amphibious shoes which makes it a solid and safe pick for those who are planning to do water aerobics.
- We love that it’s available in eight colorways as it provides more options.
- They’re very comfortable which is always a must for aerobic shoes.
- They’re also very easy to clean and dry.
- We would like to note that not only are these shoes light in weight but also don’t get very heavy when wet.
- Being an amphibious pair of shoes, you can count on its versatility.
- A number of colorways are available to choose from.
- They’re easy to put on and take off thanks to its speed lace system.
- Thanks to its overall design, it’s very breathable and won’t cause your feet to overheat while working out.
- Provides excellent support.
- As they’re made for water aerobics, you can certainly give them a shot if you’re planning on taking up such classes.
- No wide variety available so some users tend to find it too narrow for their feet.
Reebok Women’s Hi Fashion Sneaker
The Reebok Women’s Hi Fashion Sneaker may look more like a lifestyle pair but it can also be a good choice for certain aerobic activities. Also known as the Freestyle Hi, these classic shoes come with great cushioning and are lightweight. These make it a good match for lots of cardio and aerobic workouts. But what really makes these shoes worth looking into is their hi-top design. Those with sunken arches and low insteps are often better off with ankle-high athletic shoes as they’re easier to secure on one’s feet. Such foot issues tend to cause gaping in low-cut shoes which often results to the heel slipping out, so it’s usually hard for some folks to exercise with low-cut athletic shoes. High-cut ones, on the other hand, hug the ankles so the shoes stay in place no matter how you move. So if you often struggle with gaping shoe openings in low-cut footwear, give this retro high-top pair a shot.
- Leather upper material
- Lace-up and velcro front
- Terry cloth lining
- EVA midsole
- Retro high-top design
- Available in black and white
- We’re big fans of its classic retro design as it’s definitely on trend right now.
- These can appeal to those who love to look fashionable while working out.
- They can be better options for those with low insteps and sunken arches.
- They’re very comfortable out of the box but can also work with inserts.
- Those with low arches find them to be great options for various purposes.
- They’re classic and fashionable.
- They’re highly versatile.
- These shoes are fairly water-resistant and won’t get your feet soaked in a downpour.
- Some buyers find the sizing to be too tricky.
- Due to its choice of material, you’ll need to break in these shoes for a couple of days.
Under Armour Mens Micro G Engage 2 Running Trainers
Running shoes aren’t always recommended for aerobics but if you’re also a runner, the Under Armour Men’s Micro G Engage 2 Running Trainers might be something you’ll find interesting. These running shoes can also be reliable aerobic shoes for the great support they can provide. The snug fit and sole design are worth mentioning, too, as they offer ease of movement. Note, however, that running shoes tend to wear out faster when used for aerobics because they’re not built for the range of movements done in the said exercise. So if you wish to use a pair of running trainers, you should be ready for the possible consequences as well.
- Mesh and foam upper materials
- Overlays to secure feet in place
- Internal TPU heel counter for stability
- Full-length die-cut 4D foam sock liner provides a customized comfortable fit
- Full-length Micro G® foam provides more cushioning
- Strategically positioned flex grooves
- Solid rubber outsoles
- It’s very lightweight which makes it easy to move around in.
- It’s nicely cushioned but will not sacrifice your flexibility.
- Its Flex Grooves ensure that you can move with ease.
- It comes with a sharp appearance.
- This model is not available in a wide width variety.
K-Swiss Men’s ST329 CMF Training Shoe
The K-Swiss Men’s ST329 CMF Training Shoe is another pair worth looking into if you want a versatile pair of aerobic shoes. Unlike running shoes, tennis shoes can double as aerobic shoes for their excellent support and shock absorption. They’re also designed to help you do a wide range of motions with ease, so they can really be suitable for various aerobic workouts. Being a classic pair of tennis shoes, the ST329 CMF offers superior cushioning, great fit, and durability. It also looks sleek and not too masculine so even women can don these kicks.
- 100% leather upper material
- Lace-up front design
- Textile collar lining
- K-EVA cushioned midsole
- Memory foam footbed
- Molded EVA sock liner
- Rubber outsole
- You can take a pick from a wide range of colorways so you can easily find a pair that matches your style.
- The footbed is made of memory foam so you can count on it to fully cushion your feet and absorb impact.
- There are tons of folks who can vouch for its durability and comfort.
- It has a classic but also on-trend design.
- It’s available in regular and wide width varieties.
- Some users note that it needs some breaking in.
- The memory foam insert is glued to the shoes so wearers might not be able to replace them easily.
Ryka Women’s Tenacity Dance Training Sneaker
If you don’t want to substitute other athletic shoes for aerobic shoes, then the Ryka Women’s Tenacity Dance Training Sneaker might appeal to you better. Since these kicks are specifically made for an aerobic activity that requires a wide range of movements, you can count on it to be a good option for your workouts.
- Synthetic mesh upper
- Lace up and velcro front design
- Flex-Foil and Direct-Fuse layers
- RE-ZORB footbed
- Dual foam midsole
- IHG heel clip
- Rubber outsole with pivot design guarantees ease of movements
- High-top design
- Designed specifically for dancing, these shoes are really well-suited for various aerobic activities.
- Its high-top design, combined with its additional velcro strap, promises to secure the shoes to your feet even when you have foot shape issues.
- The upper material is breathable so your feet won’t overheat.
- They’re very comfortable so you can certainly move about without any issues.
- Durability is also something you can count on these shoes.
- Some users don’t find the arch support to be suitable for everyone.
Tips On How To Choose The Best Aerobic Shoes?
How do you choose among all of the options listed above? Making a choice can be tough, so here are a few tips that we suggest you keep in mind when picking the best aerobic shoes for you:
As mentioned above, you can do a wide range of aerobic exercises. It’s not even just about the movements but the environments where you can do such workouts greatly vary. Such factors are crucial to take into consideration when choosing the right pair because they can make or break your workout. For example, if you’re thinking of taking various dancing classes as your primary aerobic workout, then you should look for a pair of shoes with pivot points. They will help you move your feet with ease so they’re perfect for such exercises. If you’re planning on taking water aerobic classes, you’ll be put in an entirely different location so you should also consider the conditions that you’ll find yourself in for such workouts. Supportive aqua shoes can be great options in such cases. Once you know which types of workouts you’d want to do, take a close look at its outsole. They should be able to help you move with ease while providing the right amount of traction on the surface you’ll be working in.
When it comes to buying shoes in general, you should also take the shape and condition of your feet. Our feet greatly vary in terms of width, shape, and even the way they support the body while moving. Lucky are those with regular width feet and normal arches as most shoes will suit their feet. However, those with other foot concerns might need specific features in their shoes. Take, for example, those with sunken arches. They often have a hard time wearing low-cut shoes and footwear with high arches. Those with wide feet also wouldn’t find regular width shoes comfortable in most instances. And if you have plantar fasciitis, you will need the right pair of shoes, especially for workouts. Only by matching your shoes to your foot condition will you be able to really find the right match for your physical activities.
Aerobic workouts will get you moving on your feet so it will also be brutal on them. This is the very reason why you should look for a pair that provides top-notch support. Otherwise, you’ll be left with aching, swollen, or even injured feet and joints.
If there’s one thing that you shouldn’t compromise when shopping for athletic footwear, it should be the fit. Since you’ll be using your aerobic shoes for workouts, you should also make sure that the pair you’re getting fits your feet nicely. Otherwise, your feet won’t get the support it needs for you to move about safely and with ease. If you have narrow feet, look for shoes with a more narrow fit. If you have wide feet, opt for the wide sizes. Do not settle when it comes to this area as it’s not safe to let your feet swim inside a large pair of shoes while working out. You can also get an injury by wearing footwear that’s too tight during workouts. Both will also distract you and keep you from doing your best when exercising, so they’re certainly not the best options for physical activities.
This is a no-brainer but it bears repeating, especially since most people consider athletic shoes as utility footwear. By going for something that visually appeals to you, there’s a higher chance that you’ll actually wear them. If you got something that doesn’t match your style and your clothes, you might not want to wear them as often as you can. This will be a waste. It can also put you at risk of hurting yourself over time.
Another no-brainer tip is to always prioritize quality. Since you’ll be moving a lot while wearing these shoes, you should never compromise quality as it also guarantees durability.
Since there are lots of different kinds of aerobic exercises, you might also want to go for a pair that you can wear for different workouts. Such items will let you get more out of your purchase so they’re great practical options.
Choosing the best aerobic shoes may sound daunting at first but with the right tips and information, you can be sure to find your perfect match. We’re confident that our tips above will provide you just the very details you need to make the right decision, so make sure to keep them in mind.